Monday, March 14, 2011

Late-Night Nibblers

So it's 2 a.m. I keep telling myself, no more blogging. So here it is, the last one of the night. So I thought, FOOD. As anyone who knows me would tell you, baking is my specialtyyyy.  I have been proposed to over my infamous snickers and cookiedough cupcakes. JUST SAYING. So I discovered an easy and fun recipe to share with you all! ENJOY!

Here’s the How To:
Thaw out a box of Puff Pastry, and cut along the fold lines to make 6 large rectangles.  Cut each rectangle in half lengthwise.
Smores2
Layer 1/4 of a whole graham cracker, a piece of milk chocolate bar and a spoonful of peanut butter on one side of the Puff Pastry.
Smores3
Wet the edges with water (dip your finger in water and gently touch along the edge), fold over the filling ingredients and press edges together. Use a fork to seal the edges. Repeat with remaining pieces.
Smores4
Transfer filled turnovers to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and brush with egg wash.
Smores5
Use a sharp knife to cut a couple of slits in the top of each turnover (to allow steam to escape while baking).
Smores6
Bake at 400 degrees F. until golden (about 15 minutes).
Smores7
Scoop marshmallow creme into a zip baggie and microwave it for about 8 seconds. Snip the tip of the bag, zip it and drizzle marshmallow on top of warm turnovers.
Smores14
Smores10
Here’s the S’More’s Turnover- deconstructed…
Smores15


Read more: http://www.recipegirl.com/2009/10/22/peanut-butter-smores-turnovers-2/#ixzz1Gdz6hPb3

No comments:

Post a Comment